I suppose I should have started logging this sooner. This is the abbreviated version of my nightmare with Bell Mobility. I just sent them a long letter summarized here. I'll keep this updated if anything else happens...
Dear Bell Customer Service:
I have been a customer for over 2 years now. I just renewed my contract (2 years) and got a new LG Chocolate. I regret my choice. Ever since I started talking to you about renewing I have had nothing but problems and TERRIBLE service. Beyond terrible actually. So bad I can't put it into words. You should be ASHAMED. Here is a summary of my NIGHTMARE:
1) First - you offer me this shitty little email form with this ultra small form field for typing this message. You don't make it easy for me to do this. Thanks Bell!
2) Your website says *611 customer service is open today (Sat) starting at 9 ET. Well it is 9 ET and I called and your ANNOYING Emily system says you're closed.
3) EMILY = HELL.
4) Bell called me to renew. They explained plans over the phone. The info I got didn't match what was on your site. I asked the rep to email me or mail me info. She said you don't do that. So you pressured me into agreeing to something over the phone without letting me see anything in writing.
5) When I got to the store to pick up my new phone, I learned the price was different that what I understood when you called me. Too bad for me I guess! I decided to shop the competition. Really nice that you give new customers the lower price, but shitty old customers like me get to pay more money!
6) I called Bell back explaining a better deal I got from Rogers. The rep said too bad! I had a verbal agreement over the phone and if I broke it I would be charged $400. I didn't even know I had agreed to anything! I felt threatened. When I explained the Rogers deal the rep said I should have got it from Rogers in writing. But when I asked Bell to do the same the rep said, sorry, we don't do that!
7) You only care about getting new customers not keeping existing customers. I feel CHEATED and USED.
8) I reluctantly ordered one of your crappy phones from your crappy rep (LG Chocolate). They sent me a black one when I ordered a white one.
9) You wouldn't send me the new phone to my office unless I changed my billing address. So I changed it and then I had to change it back. This is ECOMMERCE. People should be allowed to have different billing and shipping addresses.
10) I returned the black phone. The rep said they would send me the white one right away. I waited a week. No phone. I called back. The rep said I they couldn’t ship the white phone until they got the black phone. NOT what the other rep told me. Every time I call it is a different story. Everyone LIES.
11) I finally get the white phone. I have to call back to change my billing address. How fun!
12) I read the enclosed letter and called the number to activate my phone. I can hardly understand the rep. I ask her how I can transfer all my contacts. She says it happens automatically when I activate. I've never done this before - how should I know? She puts me on hold. She comes back. She tells me that my old phone has been deactivated.
13) My new phone hasn't been charged yet so I can't do a test call. So now I have NO phone. Neither the letter nor the rep told me the phone had to be charged first. How would I know that? I get attitude from the rep. I ask to speak to some one else. I get put on hold. Then I get DISCONNECTED!
14) I charge the phone and figure out how to activate myself. Hmmm. I don't see my contacts. I call back AGAIN. This rep tells me I have to do it manually or go to a store and PAY $15 to get it done. Completely different than what the other rep said. I explain. Too bad! There is nothing Bell can do!
15) I asked for voicemail on my new phone. Your support section of the site doesn’t help me set it up and I have had no voicemail for a week. I try to call today. Your site says *611 is open. I call. It isn't. Too bad for me AGAIN!
Oh and another thing. The rep at the Bell store said I shouldn't bother shopping around because I would have to change my phone number if I picked some one else. LIE. Do you think I am stupid? I know about Local Number Portability. Sneaky tactics like that don't do much for trust.
I would be entirely satisfied if I could just cancel my contract with no charge. It is the least you could do after putting me through this hell. But I'm sure you won't do that because you'll wave your shitty legalities in my face. After all, it is better for you to be "right" than provide good customer service.
I want to know why I should ever consider Bell again. I am locked in to a shitty 2 year contract. I want to know why your service is so terrible and why I get a different story every time I phone. I want to know why I have been treated like CRAP and I want to know what Bell is going to do for ME as a customer.
I also emailed this summary to almost everyone I know. I cc'd 2 Bell corporate email addresses on the email. I have little faith that they will do anything to appease me.